Help Please Lexus Lx 470 2005 Window Not Working In Auto

salemrafeet

Hi,

In my lx470 the front passenger power window is not working in auto for up and down , (all other windows work in auto), if I stop pressing the switch the glass stop moving.

I tried to push it in different ways and periods but not working, I tried to do programing by turning the switch to ON position and press window switch till half then move it up and hold the switch in this position for while but it didn't work.

I noticed that if I disconnecte battery for minutes and connect it again the window will work normal in auto for 2 or 3 presses. Then it will stop doing that.

Please anyone has solution don't hesitate to help.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have good news to you. If the window operates as it should (i.e. "normally") after re-connecting the battery, this is not a mechanical issue. I have three suggestions:

(1) Try to recalibrate the window in issue. The exact calibration procedure must be in the car manual. From memory, you'd need to (operating the passenger's door switch, rather than the driver's "master" switch) put the window up, hold a few seconds while depressing the "up" button; put the window down and hold the button to "down" a few seconds again; and the same procedure for "up" again.

(2) If this doesn't work, check fuses (the fuses map is in the car manual).

(3) If neither of the above works, try checking your car for any error codes.

Again, you problem doesn't seem to be of a mechanical nature (e.g. when there's a wiring problem); I guess you have good chances to resolve it.