Lexol, Leather Conditioner.

On Friday, I went to open house of my college, UNC-Greensboro. On the way back I stopped by Pep boys and got some Lexol leather conditoner. I put it on yesterday and now it has be 14 hours now. The seats are still a little wet and sticky. Now the seats do this: When you press on it, the leather don't crack; but the whole part of the seat thats being pressed and the surrounding press in.

Ok, take a sheet of paper. Put your fist in the middle and wrap the paper around your hand. See how it wrinkles up in the sides. That’s what my seats where like before.

Now, take a hard cover book and press on the cover, it’s like a rock isn’t it and nothing moves in. That’s what my seats are like now.

Any comments?

Ok,

I put Lexol on the leather seats last weekend. This whole week the temperature has been 85-88. Today, the car said outside temperature: 910. So, Lexol has worked great; exactly has told by other LOC members after their experience. I used Meguiars before, couple of months ago.

This is what I think: Lexol made the seats very very soft. Meguiars Gold Class Leather Conditioner made the seats harder than what they were before.

Lexol Advantage: Easier to apply. Makes the seats very soft resulting in comfortable and cushiony seats. Also, gives the seats a more slik and oily look, while not being oily.

Lexol Disadvantage: By making the seats softer; if pressure is applied the seats wrinkle around the pressure point. (Press the seats with your hand and it goes in to the seat and the leather wrinkles up around your hand).

Meguiars Disadvantage: Harder to apply. Makes the seats harder resulting in uncomfortable seats.

Meguiars Advantages: By making the seats harder; if pressure is applied the seats does not wrinkle up around the pressure point. (Press the seats with your hand and it doesn’t go in to the seat and the leather doesn’t wrinkles up around your hand).

I did the best to explain the differences from my experience. If you have something different to add please reply.

Keep in mind: My car is 1993, 11 years old leather.

• 2 weeks later...

There is another thread on this going in the GS Forum, but my experience with Lexol has improved with time and application. My car is a 93 as well and I noticed the leather responds over time. The rear seats have taken less of a beating over the years and clean up the best and quickest. They also have the darker tint in the back and that helps as well. The front passenger seat was next to respond, and the driver (most beat up!), took the longest. Hang in there and let us know if they get better over the next few applications...I'll try to get a pix up after my DC comes back from the shop. :)