Window Side-View Mirror Trim(?) Wrinkle

Hello,

Before I begin, I would like to say that I have tried to search for a thread that discusses this issue; however, I have been able to find anything related. Therefore, if somebody has already addressed this issue, please let me know with a link below.

This triangular piece of trim adjacent to the side-view mirror on my 2004 Lexus RX330 (base model if you are wondering) has several "wrinkles" and other abnormal markings on the trim piece. This problem only appears on the passenger side. Also, there are a few of these wrinkles on the window pillars.

Has anybody else experienced this issue?

Does anybody know what caused these "wrinkles" and a solution for this?

Thank you for your time.

GPWczbf.jpgai0TbaK.jpg

All the shiny black trim around the side windows is some kind of vinyl shrink wrap. You may try a hairdryer or heat gun to re-shrink it and smooth it over. Be careful or you could make it worse. The first pic of the front triangle piece looks like it may have been dented/damaged at some point. Is there an accident history on the vehicle?

All the shiny black trim around the side windows is some kind of vinyl shrink wrap. You may try a hairdryer or heat gun to re-shrink it and smooth it over. Be careful or you could make it worse. The first pic of the front triangle piece looks like it may have been dented/damaged at some point. Is there an accident history on the vehicle?

Thank you for the reply! I may try that method.

As far as I know, there have been no accidents on the vehicle.