Decide To Buy 2015 Ct 200H, Some Questions

keepcool

Hi, I am currently driving an old civic and plan to replace it. I decide to buy a 2015 CT 200h. My local dealers ask $31174.0 for the bare model. It is a little higher than the shared price by others in autopriceshare. However, I thought the small price difference is acceptable and I am going to purchase it. In Seattle, it snows sometimes and I am not sure about whether 200h could handle the snow situation. Do I need to prepare the snow tires or snow chains for it? Thanks in advance

We don't have a CT200h but we do have a 2012 Prius v with the same engine and transmission.

The Lexus CT and Toyota Prius isn't any different than any other vehicle when it comes to winter tires.

There are areas around Seattle that get LOTS of snow during the winter - do you plan to drive only in Seattle? Do you ever drive on ice? Winter tires are at least as important on ice as on snow. Here is a great video from Tire Rack that compares performance of tire types on ice:

The CT200h should do better in snow than the Prius. After the first few model years, a "TRAC OFF" button was put on the CT but the Prius still doesn't have it. Turning traction control off allows spinning the drive wheels which is sometimes the only way to get moving in deep snow.

Our Prius has rarely been driven in winter. We went without winter tires on it until my wife got stuck at the end of the second winter and then we bought Bridgestone Blizzak tires, steel wheels and TPM sensors from Tire Rack.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Buy what you like !!

Money is always a factor when buying a car, but in 5 years from now (just to pick a number for argument sake), will you wish you had paid a little more for the heated seats, or had bought new and got the FULL 4 year, 40,000 mile warranty?

I live in central Iowa, a part of the eastern high plains. I also use the same Bridgestone snow tires as Jim. My 2013 ES350 is good in snow, but when the Ice & Snow come, I am glad I spent the extra money.

Paul

Welcome to you Jake.