About To Lose My Sh$T!

So, I picked up this GS350 about 2 weeks ago. sidenote: on my way home from dealer the low oil level light flashed 2x, checked it when home and it was about 1qt low. I knew it needed rear brakes going into it, so while my mechanic had it, I changed the oil just for a fresh start.

My wife tells me the engine oil level light came on 7x on her way home. Car was not running loud or rough.

I put 2qts in it, and nothing is registering on the dipstick...bringing to my mechanic tomorrow. Not looking good...

There is no oil on the driveway, no smoke coming from the exhaust...she's driven it about 1500 miles.

Bought her with 104k on it, of course as is.

If you added 2 quarts and nothing is showing, something is way wrong. I use New Jersey's Lemon Law and return that puppy as soon as possible. Lots of cars for sale.

• Like 1

I would have a leak down test done to determine what is going on with the cylinders or valves....Somebody must have never changed the oil on that puppy. Lexus engines are know to go forever and without using any oil....I have had two that used none. One at 187k miles and my present one at 161k miles. Good luck.

• Like 1

well...it is bone dry underneath, so the front cover leaking is out of the question. I read about the PVC getting clogged, so I ran by thu e local Lexus to pick one up, and talked with a tech, who said obviously without seeing it: could be poor oil changes could have sludged the engine up...or oil leaking passed the rings, no way to tell until opening it up. Forget that noise...I put some Lucas oil stabilizer in it and will recheck after 1,000 miles. keep you guys posted

to use that much oil, you would see a cloud of smoke behind you. Take a look at the coolant reserve and see if there is oil in there.. Oil has to go somewhere.

Another thought try Castrol Oil 0-30 weight European synthetic oil if you can find it. That oil is amazing how it cleans internally. Sludge is a bad thing, on the Old RX300 with 1mze engine it was a problem. That oil used to be available at Autozone, but check your local auto parts store or google Castrol oil European blend to see if you can find a distributor. Good luck

There is also one other product that can be found online, some on this site and other lexus site have found Auto-RX helpful in cleaning engine.

• Like 1

When I saw "put 2qts in it, nothing registering on dipstick", it made me wonder... Did the mechanic accidently under fill after the oil change?

not at all...he's owned lexus in the past and has worked on all my vehicles...muscle cars to daily drivers...a good friend and a thorough technician.

• 2 weeks later...

so...it's been about 2 weeks and here's where I'm at...

I added Lucas Oil Treatment to the missing oil and 1 qt. PLUS changed out the PVC valve which if faulty could consume that large amount of oil. My wife drives 90 miles per day, and so it's about 1000 miles roughly, and checked the oil about 3 hours after she go home and it was still up to the "full" mark. So fingers crossed.