Damaged My Front Bumper, How Much To Fix?

Hit my 2012 Rx 350 on the side of a pretty tough fence and these are the resulting damages. Really need to know how much it will cost in order to fix the damages. Insurance will not help and all the costs are going to be out of pocket.14058g.jpg2a65bnp.jpg

Assuming you have collision coverage like any non-stupid person would have on a 3-year old vehicle, why wouldn't your insurer pay for the damage, less your deductible?

There is no way to tell from a photo how much damage there is. Besides a new bumper cover, it looks like you will at least need a new fender. If the headlight or fog light can't be reused ... ca-ching! If the bumper beam is damaged ... ca-ching! Based on the cost of repairing similar damage I took when I hit flying road debris in an LS a few years ago, I would guess that the repair will cost between $3,000 and $6,000.

Insurance is meant to be used. Unless you have had other claims in the recent past, submitting a claim like this should not affect your rates or insurability. And just because you have a claims adjuster from your insurance company evaluate the damage and give you an estimate doesn't mean that you have to submit a claim.

• Like 1