I Want To Install A Touchscreen Radio. A Couple Of Questions.

Hey everyone,

I was directed here by a good friend of mine, because I had a couple questions regading my 2011 IS 250. I was wondering would it be possible to intall a touchscreen radio into the car? If so, where would I go to get it done? Also, how much do you guys think it would cost to do such a job?

Thanks in advance!

I know one of the local audio shops I go to has a bunch of different kinds. For the fanciest I would expect to pay somewhere around $800 - $1200 installed. If you're at all like me I'd have to have all the options so....

I don't know about your IS but in 2013 Best Buy installed a wonderful double-DIN Kenwood DDX470 in the 2000 LS400 I had for just under $500 including all parts and labor. The Kenwood had DVD video, Pandora interface, Bluetooth audio streaming, aux-in, USB, hands free phone support, etc. I passed on the $49 XM interface and the backup camera.

Hello Anthony. The newer Lexus iS are very diff than the older LS you had. You will easily spend $1000 on labor alone. Plus the radio of your choosing, plus parts. Best buy will not be able to do this job. This is a custom job/install. And with any job that has "custom" involved, be prepared to pay 4 to 5 times more. You will need a custom stereo shop to do this job. What part of California are you located in? Im in Los Angels. I can do this job for you. Send me a message if you like more info

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm also looking for help with installing a double din in an is250. I have already did all the modifications to dash and mounted the unit. I cannot figure out the wiring at all. If anyone knows how to wire in an aftermarket head unit without running new amps and speakers please help me out. I know the factory head unit has to stay plugged in to keep ac controls functional. The aftermarket unit works great until you plug the oem unit in at the same time, then it sounds bad and the ac stops working again. I can help anyone who needs to know what to expect with the dash mods. If anyone can help me with the wiring I'd appreciate it.

Here's where I'm at. I removed the oem radio display and relocated hazard lamp panel to that location to get rid of the useless radio display and utilize the space for a more important component. It's different but I'm happy with it. The paint is temporary until I get everything working then I will break it back down and use real base coat to match better.

4CE26D23-50F6-46A1-B191-AD2C549A93C6.jpg