02-300 Ac Noises Even When A/c Off

I have a bubble/hissing noise coming from my left side of dash. Once upon a time I was told when it was only bubble vent control module to leave it alone til it breaks its in the dash. It has been a few years and now... hisses, does it more often, and when I turn the car on it does it with the ac being off. It does it randomly when I am not changing any of the setting or vents. Plus a new electrical noise like a dvd trying to read a bad disc has started in the drivers foot well. These noises do not seem to be related to the recycle on off noise I hear from the left footwell

Trying to verify this sounds like a vent control module and if they are called by another name? I have been checking diagrams and have not found something called vent control. Only ac or heater control.

The ES330 I have in the fleet makes similar noises. Made them for several years, maybe the whole time I have owned it but my wife is oblivious to car noises and she drove it for several yerars. When I got it, I thought at first I was imagining the noises as it was rather freaky when the radio was off. At some point it bothered me enough that I gave the car to my future son in law to drive and that solved that problem since now the noise haunts him, not me. He is a mechanical engineer so how bad can I feel? Something with the ventilation system on the ES.