2006 Gs 300 Fob Purchase?

Hey everyone!

Last week I purchased a 2006 GS 300 and it was missing one of the fobs. I was curious where everyone would recommend where to get it from and where they would recommend getting it programmed. My Lexus dealership wants $250 plus programming time. Any ideas on what I should do?

I do have one fob, but would like to have a second one.

Thanks!

The two times I have been down to one key on a Lexus I've been at the Lexus dealer bright and early the next business day to get replacements - not willing to deal with the pain if the one remaining key got lost. I now keep spare "emergency" keys/fobs in a fire proof safe.

• Like 1

I bought a new FOB (2013 ES350) at Sewell Lexus parts. My dealer wanted the $250 number, I got it from Sewell for $161.00.

LOC members get a good discount at Sewell.

Sewellparts.com

Paul

• Like 1

my current gs has 2 keys...but the one I was looking at before only had one key. I called my local dealership and they wanted $340 including reprogramming, as long as I had an existing electronic key.

I bought a new FOB (2013 ES350) at Sewell Lexus parts. My dealer wanted the $250 number, I got it from Sewell for $161.00.

LOC members get a good discount at Sewell.

Sewellparts.com

Paul

I've heard that about Sewell. I'll definitely check them out!

Hey Jim, I had not heard that.!! Major blow.

Are there any other companies out there that you know of that offer discounts through clubs like Club Lexus or others?

I will call Sewell and see if they can still offers a break if we can call with a part number or the like.

Thanks for the heads up good buddy.

Paul

Hey Jim, I had not heard that.!! Major blow.

Are there any other companies out there that you know of that offer discounts through clubs like Club Lexus or others?

I will call Sewell and see if they can still offers a break if we can call with a part number or the like.

Thanks for the heads up good buddy.

Paul

I have often found lower prices than those from Sewell with a Lexus forum member discount but shipping costs have usually been higher than Sewell's. My guess is that competition is driving Sewell out of the online parts business.

There are all sorts of online sellers of Lexus discount parts from lexuspartsnow to Rock Auto. I've preferred to buy from Sewell even if their prices are sometimes slightly higher simply because I have come to trust them and have gotten truly excellent service. And of course, Sewell is due south of where you and I live so we get parts from them pretty quickly.