2008 Gs350 Center Info Display Went Blank

My GS350 center information display screen (I don't have nav system in my car) went blank the third time I started the car 2 days ago. Previous starts experienced no such problem. Now only the fan runs, but no A/C. Radio still works. How can I fix it? The dealer wants to replace the display and the CPU behind it for more than $4000. Help!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Ivan,

The difficulty your having pasting your link is probably due to the small number of postings that Art has so far. New members are blocked from pasting any info such as emails and links. Also, a new member is blocked from Personal Messaging. These blocks and limits are usually removed after 5 -10 postings.

All of these items are put there to protect our system from SPAM. Like many people today the servers in the UK are hit on almost every day. (We would be a target for the 156,000 members information.)

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Paul

I got the problem fixed by disconnecting the battery cables from their terminals for at least 30 minutes. This was intended to shut down the onboard computers (there are 4 or 5 of them in the GS, and it takes time to really drain off the battery power to the computers). Then I reattached the cables to the battery terminals to power up the computers again. This allowed the computers to reboot. Again, it could take 30 minutes to an hour for the reboot to complete. Once that was done, the center display worked again. Hope this helps.