2007 Es 350 Transmission Flair

Jelley

I have 2007 ES 350 with 145,000 miles. Last year started having transmission flares intermittently, couldn't duplicate at dealer. It went away completely for past 6-8 months and now started up again. My question is, is this symptom of a possible catestrophic failure or something I can live with so long as it is not happening often. Due to age of car I don't think I will keep more than another year and sure don't want to put money in it. I saw multiple posts about this problem but couldn't determine the severity of the problem or is it just a nuisance?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I did a lot of research and I came with simple solution.

1. Drive the car for 15-20 minutes, the transmission needs to reach the working temperature;

2. Park the car, open the hood, open the fuse box next to the battery;

3. Remove fuses #21, #16, #37, #38;

lXpbvIl.jpg

4. After 15 minutes return them back (#21 is a 30A fuse, #16 is a 10A fuse, #37 is a 15A fuse, #38 is a 10A fuse).

5. Drive the car for 15-20 minutes hard, it has to shift over 3000 rpm, do a lot of kick downs, let it rev past 5000 rpm, that's the best way for the transmission ECU to relearn;

6. Park in in your garage and try it next day. This worked for me.

• 5 years later...