I recently got a 2015 IS 350, standard (not F sport package). I love that the exhaust is a little bit "throaty". I like it a lot more than the ES 350 I traded. Is anyone aware of gentle mods for the exhaust that might make it even more throaty with a little growl at the top end? a new exhaust system? thoughts?

• 3 months later...

In all fairness, I am contemplating on getting a cat back system as well. If you want a deep sound that is

noticeable but not that obtrusive, the Magnaflow would be a good choice. My first choice though is a

Tanabe Touring Medallion but stocks are very hard to get in the U.S.

• 3 weeks later...

I would not touch the factory exhaust as you will never have a better system. To enjoy the sound, use the manual mode and keep it floored to redline. You will have plenty of sound. Factory exhausts are now extremely good and will easy last the life of a vehicle. Well, unless you live in the northeast.

Floor that puppy and you will get a howl. And yes, I also have an ES and they are pretty much older people cars. My wife reminds me whenever she has to get in my IS, which she hates. Too bad, I didn't buy it for luxury touring, I bought it to drive. Can't speak for any of you but I do not like having people in my car because they B-M-W. The M=moan, the W=whine. You'll have to figure out the B= yourself.

Denny

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...