Why Gs4xx Is Better Than E55 Amg?

As I mentioned somewhere else, I own a C320 Benz (01 model). I love the car (added BiXenons and Nav OEMs) however I heard that Lexus has a better reliability (less visit to the dealership)..

Honestly, I am thinking to either replace my C320 with 99/00 E55 AMG Benz or GS400 (00) or GS430 (01) Lexus. I'd like to hear the GS owners' opinions on why I should get GS4XX rather than Benz (no flame, purely objective opinions)

E55 because of 349 HP and it's Benz

GS4XX because of good acceleration and esp good reliability (as I heard but need to be convinced)

Also, how much would the service/maintenance cost for the GS4XX?

I have a 99 GS4 that I bought in Oct. 98. 80k no problems.

Parents had a 03 ML300 (I know, not an E55, but same family). More problems than you can imagine. Electrical, electrical, electrical.

Hope this helps.

The reason your parents had a problem with their ML is because they are all assembled here in the US, Alabama to be exact. Engines are made in Germany and shipped to US for assembly. I have a 94 S500 Coupe as well so I am very familiar with the maintenance. Since you are currently a Benz owner, ever heard the term maintenance !Removed!? I love Mercedes, but I can't stand the minimum $1k it cost when something happens. If you can afford an E55, be ready to spend some money on the car. Especially if you're buying a used one, scheduled maintenances and such depending on the current mileage. I'm on my sixth lexus cause they are my daily drivers, why? Its basically a Toyota. (Sorry fellow Lexus owners, I know we hate that) But its true. Sure, the costs are a little higher than avg for scheduled maintenance. But my 80k only cost me $695 for my GS at my local Lexus dealership. Personally, I don't think its fair to compare the two, but if you can afford the maintenance, by all means get the E55. "Lifes too short to drive an ordinary car". (Sorry for the long post guys!)

Being CONSTRUCTIVE...I have a very close friend (since high school) whom works as a mechanic at a fairly large Benz dealership...he drives a Lexus. One thing that he DID mention though is that Lexus is taking over the #1 most expensive to repair spot....but the real question is, how many times are you going to need it repaired?

:cheers:

but the real question is, how many times are you going to need it repaired?

:cheers:

My thoughts exactly... My last 5 cars have been Lexo's and as for my GS, almost every mile on that car has been a hard one.. What I mean by that is from when I start to move till I put it in park the revs are high and I'm always floating (speeding).. And the only thing that has went wrong so far is that I blew the tranny, but that was all my fault (don't like to use the brakes so I down shift alot).. Lexus/Toyota are definitely the most reliable cars on the road today, and if it's gonna be benz or a Lexo as a daily driver go with the Lex.. You won't be disappointed...

It depends on what you're looking for. The E55 is a rare, limited edition, high image car. If any of those things are important to you then i would say get it.

If it were E430 vs GS430 it would be no contest, the GS. But an E55 is a really special car...

I prefer the e55 out the box for everything it offers in style and performance.

for the same money you can buy a GS and make the changes for a 1/4 of the difference in price and make it preforme 1/2 as good but get reliability that is X3.

MB's are good cars with good reliability they do have maintance issues but only because the sensors are so close for tolerances that the ecu thinks they need to be changed but it still works fine. Just a great way MB engineers its parts to be contantly replaced.