One Button Remote Key Shell Change

M.OBEDAT

Hello guys, I need your help if any body knows, is it possible to remove the full contents of my one button remote key into another used one, that's all because my shell is broken from the key holder side but still working perfectly.

Many thanks for any help.

Wow... an early key remote that still works? I believe the radio transmitter guts are bonded (soldered/strap?) to the part of the shell that's attached to the key. The push button and top half of the remote shell will swap, no problem. It's been several years since I messed with the remote to my '93, and I've never bothered replacing the battery on the remote to my '94.

Paul

Thank you LSPaul, yes it's still working perfectly but it's broken from the upper side where you connect the key chain and I want ut badly, now I found a used key in perfect condition, but it's sadly seems that its not possible to do what I'm trying to do, right?

Very clean '94 you have, by the way. I took another look at my '93 key (same as '94) a moment ago. It looks like the transmitter antenna is soldered to the key, but I couldn't figure out how to get the back half of the remote body off the key shank. Worst case, buy a used '93-94 key with remote for the upper half of the shell--at least you'd then be able to put a key ring back on the key.

Paul

Sure you can change the guts.I ordered new cases for my ES330 when the plastic on both keys cracked. You will need to have Lexus cut the new key since the plastic part is attached to the key part. Cost is around $200 at Lexus.