Fog Light Bulb Replacement

2107jay

I have a 97' es300 and i need to change my fog light bulb but i dont know how to go about doing that....any help would be greatly appreciated ...also another question i changed my right turn signal bulb (yellow bulb) and the signal works but the light doesnt stay on when my headlights are on....the driver side stays on but the passanger side doesnt...any info on that as well?

Changing bulbs on newer cars is frustrating without a doubt. Luckily, on Lexus vehicles the system is fairly easy to disassemble. The key to success in this is to understand how it is assembled prior to beginning the operation.

There are several videos that show the exact sequence. I know I made one for the early LS400 cars which are about the same. Basically you have to remove the entire headlight assembly which isn't as difficult as it sounds. Of course the easiest way NOT to screw up your car is to go to a junkyard and practice on wrecks. Being in Delaware, I know there are lots of junkyard since I drive through the state frequently. The eastern shore is also filled with yards.

The first side will take you an hour, the second less than 15 minutes. Of course you should change all bulbs while you're in there.

Small wonder.

Denny

and of course, WELCOME to the Lexus Owners Club. A place where we learn things, save time, money and frustration while enjoying the company of others in the same boat.

Denny

• Like 1

I think the 97 ES foglight bulb is changed through the wheel well after removing a connector or two that holds the front of the fender liner in place - same drill as on the 2000 LS400 I had.