Interior Water Damage Rx350

So my wife started complaining about a damp smell in her car. In checking it out I discovered that it was all wet under the driver's seat. Took it to our Lexus dealer and they said the station tubes that drain the sunroof were blocked and water was backing up into the car. And that there was mold all in the interior of the car and it would have to be removed and replaced. Thankfully our auto insurance policy covered it, who knew? Not sure this is a common problem or not but the service department asked where we get the car serviced? Our Lexus dealer is 100 miles away and there is a Toyota dealer about 6 miles away who advertises they service Lexus cars. The Lexus dealer claimed that this was the problem because when Lexus services their cars they know to clean out these tubes. I had never heard of these tubes blocking and God knows how many autos have sunroofs. Just sharing! And the repair was over $8,000!