Gx 470 Aka Prado

shujz

hey folks. im new to the forum

I own a LX 470 1999 .. bought it brand new and still love it

however, my dads also buying a TOYOTA PRADO

as you would know the GX 470 comes in the middle east as TOYOTA PRADO

but honestly the GX looks way sexier

so I was wondering if I could transplant stuff and make my prado look like the GX ?

so help me out here..

will the lights and bumpers in the GX fit in the PRADO ?

if yea then im telling my bro (in the US) to ship it to me !

so I was wondering if I could transplant stuff and make my prado look like the GX ?

so help me out here..

Hey

Yeah i do own a prado in india... and as far as i think ... it should fit the prado.. since prado's parts are fitting my gx here... not sure about the front bumper... but back ones will... so will the tail lights... not front lights...all the decals...

... just my opinion.

• 2 months later...

so help me out here..

lights, bumpers, running boards, silver-wood grain near the nav. , and roof rack cover to body color, is possible for the PRADO, since i finally saw it in person in december, in the philippines.

• 4 weeks later...

shujz,

You probably are a sad owner of Lexus Parts with out a good use, remember Lexus is Lexus and Toyota is Toyota, the Prado is made for the middle upper class whom can afford one and come with extras but they do not come with the American specs, on the parts dept. for example the front hood is like the Linconln navigator while the prado's hood is a regular type hood, the headlights are more pointed than the Prado, something I do like from the Prado is the rear lights they are more euro type check this link browse down and will see about the hood

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?s=eff

No it is not, I am trying to get the link to work but I cant, ok on the hood I was wrong, today I picked up my wife's new LX470 and had a good chance to see both the GX470 and the Prado side by side but I was right about the lights they would not fit the rear lights will, but one thing for sure the GX is superior when to luxury says, mine is 2004 with sport package and dvd you know all the goodies, my wife prefers the LX well you dont want to hear those things. ;)

so help me out here..

Hey

Yeah i do own a prado in india... and as far as i think ... it should fit the prado.. since prado's parts are fitting my gx here... not sure about the front bumper... but back ones will... so will the tail lights... not front lights...all the decals...

... just my opinion.

:D ;) :cheers:

ya definetly prado (new) 12* series

is same as gx 470

except the engine

prado is sporting a v6 petrol & d 4d diesel motor

gx has the same motor as lx 470

aka

v8 4700 petrol

reg their looks

gx is sexiest

following list of parts surely will convert prado in to gx

front head lamp assy

front bumper

front fog lamps

front & rear badging ie instead of T in oval a L in oval

the bumper mount is probably the same

u may have to procure a h4 to hb3 & hb4 harness for the individual hi & low beams

this side i am geting green with envey as myprado is 2002 the 95 series but not a 121 series

shujz,

You probably are a sad owner of Lexus Parts with out a good use, remember Lexus is Lexus and Toyota is Toyota, the Prado is made for the middle upper class whom can afford one and come with extras but they do not come with the American specs, on the parts dept. for example the front hood is like the Linconln navigator while the prado's hood is a regular type hood, the headlights are more pointed than the Prado, something I do like from the Prado is the rear lights they are more euro type check this link browse down and will see about the hood

:chairshot: <_<

hey lexluder

dontget over confident due to a simple plastic panel

lexus is a baby of the toyota japan

first is the toyota & then slightly changed & hugely overpriced for big bulls is lexus

dont underestimate toyota owners

its just a fad of lexus & scion rebadging in us

pls note the scions r truly toyotas & that too japan only domestic models

kind attention lx 470 2004 dont have the night vision even as an option which is standard on TOYOTA CYGNOUS 2002 model

kindly dont underestimate toyotas

shujz,

:chairshot: <_<

hey lexluder

dontget over confident due to a simple plastic panel

lexus is a baby of the toyota japan

first is the toyota & then slightly changed & hugely overpriced for big bulls is lexus

dont underestimate toyota owners

its just a fad of lexus & scion rebadging in us

pls note the scions r truly toyotas & that too japan only domestic models

kind attention lx 470 2004 dont have the night vision even as an option which is standard on TOYOTA CYGNOUS 2002 model

kindly dont underestimate toyotas