'96 Es300 Coach

<_< I just purchased a '96 ES300 coach edition for my wife. Great car but i noticed the inside the drivers side headlight that the finish is flaking off. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix that, or will i just have to replace the headlight? In which case does anyone know where I could get a good price on a replacement? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

moisture is one thing and can be dried. You say it is flaking. You could open up the headlight, scrape it out and reapply some mirror paint. Might be a fun project, but not an overnighter.

If it is flaking really bad, where as the light emitted is diminished, then just replace it.

start with ebay, then try salvage yards.

Last resort, win the lottery then go to the Lexus parts counter and buy new.

good luck,

steviej

Thanks for the reply steviej.

Really the flaking is just a cosmetic thing since the headlights on this car are the projector style. And I don't think I can actually get into them to refinish them. It appears that they are sealed. arg!!! :angry:

I've just checked e-bay and can't seem to find anything yet. Guess I'll have to keep looking. If anyone comes across a place I could get them please let me know.

Thanks Again

Dave

Dave there are several members here who have "opened" them up. There is a way to unseal them using an oven at 200 degrees and then reseal them with a proper sealent. Hopefully someone that has done this will pipe in.

When in doubt, buy new ones.....I love to shop.

steviej

The headlights do pop up on eBay occasionally. Note that the 95-96 headlights have a slight smoke tint and three lines across the housing. The 92-94 are not tinted and lack the line. Often a seller will list the 92-94 as being "92-96" as they don't know any better. They'll fit, but it won't match your other light cosmetically. So make sure it's a 95-96 light:)