Alright - I know this is a commonly covered topic in many forums, but I can't find a good place to put this.

I have an is250 (replaced by gx460) that I am getting ready to sell. Then I noticed the nav touch wasnt working. I followed the instructions on some forums and youtube and found the bad trace on the digitizer.

I repaired all 4 leads (just in case). Resistance on 1-3 was 1700ohms (previously 0). 2-4 was 600 ohms. I did a continuity test between all connections to make sure i didn't have crossover with trace pen. All was good. Plasti-dip coated the connections. connected ribbon and tested on the board from the back of the connector - still good.

I put the LCD back and immediately started smelling a very strong electrical burning smell. LCD was now completely black, nothing displayed.

I took the LCD back out and noticed the ribbon cable connecting the LCD unit (the one with the little flip down door) had the last lead damaged, I'm assuming from when I disassembled. I've used the silver pen to hopefully repair, but not sure if it will work.

The question now is - what's bad? Is the LCD fried? Something else? I couldn't isolate the smell, and it went away fast so wasn't sure where it came from. I'm at a loss from where to go from here, and really don't want to go the dealer route.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks!