Newbie...intro

Hey gang,

I own a 99 GS300 blk/blk completely stock..pre-owned cert. for a little over a year and half. about 48K miles.

Problems so far: burnt out tail lights (twice), faulty dealer installed aftermarket alarm, blown starter..all repaired by dealer under warranty...was given a hassle about the tail light the first time.

I'm form NYC and the Lexus dealerships here provide horrible customer service. I have to call to find out the status of my car and when its ready and arrange for my own transportation, etc. My BMW and MB owning friends laugh at me.

Regardless I love my GS..lol.

Here's what I'd like to mod on my car:

-Chrome Grill: Originally I was going to buy one but have read that many of you have removed the paint on your stock one with good results. I'd like to get more direction on this as I may attempt it myslef.

-New Wheels: I live in NYC and the weather and roads are horrendous. However Id like to upgrade from stock wheels and give my car a more unique look. I want to be fairly conservative to preserve ride quality with no rubbing issues. Right now Im considering an 18" staggered set up (8.5 front..9.5 back). I wanted to know if 18's will look okay on the car without me having to lower it, or is lowering recommended? I definitely want to avoid having the car look higher if possible, but if the result will be basically the same Id leave it as is.

-Body Kit: At some point I may consider a body kit...especially if it would enhance the look of the car with the new larger wheels. again Id be looking for something with a classy, fairly conservative appearance.

I really like the overall look of Bluelex's car and kit....very clean.

I know there are few to none of you here from my part of town, but if any of you know of any reputable good customizing shops in the NYC area...please let me know. I envy you guys out West.

Thanks.

Mondo, Welcome to the club...

Question, where do you take your car to get serviced?? LOM??

Next, is that the bigger you go in rim size the nicer it will look (in most cases atleast).. 18's won't look as bad as 17's but not nearly as nice as 20's IMO...

Now I'm about to start a joint venture with this guy I know and we're gonna have a shop in the Bronx and another in CT.. Also, I'm the East coast distributor for Work Wheels but can get you any thing from Japan if your interested... Shoot me a pM if you have any questions..

Thanks Sypher..I'll let you know. I'm actually leaning toward just getting nice 17's since I use my car daily in NYC (read: pothole central).

Ive been to both Manhattan and Bay Ridge and gotten shifty treatment at both dealers. For the money I pay I want to feel warm and cozy...I guess thats too much to ask.

No problem.. You might want to try Ray Catena in Westchester.. I haven't heard any bad things about them.. They might even come pick your up in the city and leave you with a loaner.. Call and see what they say...