Help With A Few Mod Questions..

yup. both housings for $55. that includes hibeam, DRL, side marker bulbs.

That is an awesome deal. I've been looking on eBay for a set too but got too busy to check everyday. Right during my break, there is a good set for a great price. Oh well. Congrats.

yup. both housings for $55. that includes hibeam, DRL, side marker bulbs.

That is an awesome deal. I've been looking on eBay for a set too but got too busy to check everyday. Right during my break, there is a good set for a great price. Oh well. Congrats.

Isn't that how it always worksout?? That's okay, I just got caught sleeping too.. I was talking to TTurboPimp on the phone late last week and didn't ask about his hood.. $500. for his almost brand new hood.. Man I almost cried... That's better than what Veilside wants wholesale..

Isn't that how it always worksout?? That's okay, I just got caught sleeping too.. I was talking to TTurboPimp on the phone late last week and didn't ask about his hood.. $500. for his almost brand new hood.. Man I almost cried... That's better than what Veilside wants wholesale..

I saw that on CL too. By the time I saw it though, 2 other guys already responded. :(

• 1 month later...

Well, I got my bulbs/ballast in the mail today...what can i say.. BRAND NEW OEM LEXUS bulbs!!!! i swear the ballasts are brand new as well!! $112 off ebay, i watched about 10 pass by for $160-150 for the last few months..

anyway, just letting you guys know, i've gotta track down the random parts i will need (little o-rings, etc.)

I'm wanting to put a wiring harness on the end of my HIDs, so that i don't have to splice anything on the harness (car side).. that way if i ever sell the car i can swap the stock halogens back in and there will be no splices in wiring.. IS THIS POSSIBLE? i've got the diagrams, but i'm having problems interpreting the jumble, especially off of a scanned-photocopy :(

THANKS GUYS!

i missed the houston meet!! works sucks, but I can't afford to take off work with all the mods. I'm just finishing my civic project, i will be auto-x'ing in the Texas Honda Challenge very soon, now...217 whp, 4.44 FD gearing, and 2009 lbs without me (i'm 130 lbs), i shouldn't have a problem keeping up (oh and a 50 shot of NOS for the 1320')

anyway, i've got more projects going than i can even keep in my head, i just got a new 64-BIT gaming computer yesterday and i haven't even loaded windows, yet :P

It's very fast, and makes my 2 x 2.4ghz systems (with over gig of PC2700 ram each) seem outdated. For all you computer geeks out there that are into cool looking cases, check out the Guardian cases from NZXT Guardian cases!!! they are AMAZING! and you can buy them for $30 off of www.pricewatch.com from a certain seller.. i didn't buy mine from him, but i'm buying a second one to reoutfit my other systems. The cooling fans and cool lights alone are worth it, but the front panel has a futuristic-medievel knights helmet look going for it, and in many color varieties..ok, gotta stop rambling about other projects now...too much to do!!!

Anyway, i will be around here a lot this week, so expect a lot of questions for my reassurance :)

LOL.. Sounds Like your getting everything together now... That's great.. And it's about time you finally got those bulbs.. I was thinking about going OEM again but I couldn't, I like the color of the 6000K so much better.. Enough about what I like, hurry up and install them so you can show off some more... B) :D ;)

thanks mr sypher..but i don't think showing off a civic race and home computers are going to stun anyone in here! :o :lol:

they are just my present time consumers, errr hobbies.

Anyway, I'm going to buy a lexus gs manual to get a closer look at all the little parts i will need to finish swap.

YEAH!! ANYONE INTERESTED In L-tuned parts should checkout ebay right now. ebay username: itsallaboutyourlexus (Dallas Sewell Lexus - Mr. Diller). He's having an AWESOME sale on l-tuned. I was going to just buy the 17" L-tuned whels/tires package, but now i will probably be buying the Ltuned grill and side skirts from him as well :) I haven't got a price on the front and rear bumpers, though, i may just try the explosion front/rear, but i'm worried about both fitment and if it will look right with the ltuned sides..

:pirate: my car modding addiction is back with a vengeance.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: Hi all! My plans have changed a bit since my last posts 6 months ago.

I ended up buying some L-Tuned / TRD goodies from Darrel Diller @ Sewell Lexus.

I've been driving on the L-tuned 17" OZ Superturismos with Michelin Pilot Sport tires, very smooth setup. I also purchased the L-Tuned Aerokit (grill / sideskirts) painted from l-tuned factory. I have not installed TRD front strut tower bar because i'm buying Tein CS suspension this week *anybody that knows cheapest place to get Tein please email me @ jclarkTT@yahoo.com* Same goes for Rotora 4 piston front BBK, i know a few places must be clearancing them out for 6F/4R setups..or someone selling used to upgrade to 6F/4R piston :unsure: !!

I don't think my 17" ltuned wheels will clear the BBKs, though :angry: but my 18s sure will since they are made for Supra TTs..

I still haven't installed the HID headlights, only because i was researching the possibility of a "go between" harness that would keep me from having to hack up my GS's wiring..

I'm looking for the best place to buy Polarg bulbs. i need about 10-20 sets, assorted. i want to redo all interior/exterior bulb on GS300 (including amber for taillights/sidemarkers since they will be cleared out), as well as most bulbs on my civic hatchback.

UPDATE: Hi all! My plans have changed a bit since my last posts 6 months ago.

I ended up buying some L-Tuned / TRD goodies from Darrel Diller @ Sewell Lexus.

I've been driving on the L-tuned 17" OZ Superturismos with Michelin Pilot Sport tires, very smooth setup. I also purchased the L-Tuned Aerokit (grill / sideskirts) painted from l-tuned factory. I have not installed TRD front strut tower bar because i'm buying Tein CS suspension this week *anybody that knows cheapest place to get Tein please email me @ jclarkTT@yahoo.com* Same goes for Rotora 4 piston front BBK, i know a few places must be clearancing them out for 6F/4R setups..or someone selling used to upgrade to 6F/4R piston :unsure: !!

I don't think my 17" ltuned wheels will clear the BBKs, though :angry: but my 18s sure will since they are made for Supra TTs..

I still haven't installed the HID headlights, only because i was researching the possibility of a "go between" harness that would keep me from having to hack up my GS's wiring..

I'm looking for the best place to buy Polarg bulbs. i need about 10-20 sets, assorted. i want to redo all interior/exterior bulb on GS300 (including amber for taillights/sidemarkers since they will be cleared out), as well as most bulbs on my civic hatchback.

For Tein CS, contact Todd at TMEngineering. Tell him Chris (Neo) referred you. (http://www.tmengineeering.net)

For Rotora, you can contact Steve Ganz over at Carson Toyota. You may think they are clearing them out for the 6/4 setup but it is two different markets. There are people who will want the 6/4 (and can fit the 6/4) and there are others who can only do the 4 front. I don't think it is a "clearance" item so you won't be getting any deep discount because of that reason.

It is the same with used. Unless the owner can fit a 6/4 setup or is willing to upgrade wheels too, people won't upgrade just because the 6/4 is available. Rotora is not even pushing it that hard. I've known about the 6/4 kit for over a year now and their online ordering site does not even reflect that the kit is available. :(

• 6 years later...