Just Purchased A 2007 Lexus Is 350

I just purchased a 2007 Lexus IS 350 from a friend of mine that owns a repo lot. the car is in mint condition and only has 28,000 miles on it. got it for $4,500. planning on taking it to the lexus dealer by me to have it checked out and brought up to date on any needed maintenance. any issues i need to be aware of with these cars

I will post some pictures of it either today or tomorrow after it gets a bath..... took it 3 blocks for coffee and it is totally filthy from salt.... and still snowing here. might be going to dealer later today or tomorrow morning

Stormchaser - Welcome to LOC.

Great find, the IS350 has been proven to be above average in terms of reliability. No real issues that aren't addressed by recalls and only a few minor issues addressed by TSB's.

Your Lexus dealer will identify and schedule fix for any open recalls (because there have been many for these 2nd gen ISx50's).

I assume the title is "clean" and not "salvage"?

It has a clean title. only needs the 30k service and a complete detail and will be ready to be picked up tomorrow afternoon. wish it had the original smart keys though... it has toyota smart keys programmed to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dash problem is not a recall. It's a warranty enhancement (extension) that applies only to the cars that actually have the problem.