Recalls 2/18/2015

Not sure if there is a recall pinned thread or what, if so, please move this for me.

Anyways, Just case you guys have not been informed. There is a new recall for 06-13 IS350's. It may apply to IS250 as well, I am unsure. The recall is for the fuel pressure sensor. The sensor can leak over time. Your dealership will inform you of this the next time you come in for service, but here is my heads up.

As you may now, there are many other recalls for our model year and engine. If you have had no recalls done, you really need to get into the dealership. We "Lexus" (Yes, I am affiliated to lexus.. shh) take older engines (4yr+) and return them to Japan to be broken down and analyzed. These recalls do not mean the engines are failing, they just show signs of possible failure to happen.

There will be a major recall for many dashes around April of this year. All dashes that get slightly sticky in hot weather will be replaced. They are producing replacement dashes right now, why the recall hasn't started yet.

*Bonus info*

Lexus plans to turbo charge all sedans by end of 2017. Lexus plans remodel of RX release Nov of 2015. Lexus plans to have wi-fi in all car by end of 2015. Lexus plans to have remote diagnostics by end of 2015.

For owners (both new and used) that have properly registered ownership with Lexus, letters should have been received for both issues by now. I received notification several weeks ago on my 07.

I haven't received one. Maybe 250 isn't included.

Does anybody know anything about a seatbelt locking up recall? My seatbelt will lockup for no reason. The other day I was merging onto the interstate in a right hand curve. My belt locked and I couldn't turn to check my blindside. It doesn't do it much, but when it does it is dangerous.

I mentioned it to my dealer and he said if it locks up just unbuckle it. They always treat me like I'm an idiot.

Yes. And he said it like I was an idiot. He was sitting in my drivers seat and I told him how it would do. He said, "like I tell people, if it locks up, just do this", then he unbuckled the belt. I can't do that at 70 mph when I'm trying to merge into traffic. Especially in a curve.

Sounds like seatbelt tensioner possibly acting up. Unbuckling belt at 70mph as a solution, no way!

Only time I've experienced something like that is on a very steep downhill while applying brakes (near my house).

It wasn't even the service writer, he was above the service writer. I don't remember his exact title.

Steve, if it was when applying brakes I would understand. It does it sometimes when I'm not braking at all.

It wasn't even the service writer, he was above the service writer. I don't remember his exact title.

Steve, if it was when applying brakes I would understand. It does it sometimes when I'm not braking at all.

Check this out. It's Toyota's "Technical Information Services". It is the official site for all Toyota, Lexus, and Scion models. This is meant to be all things technical including TSB's and anything else you may want. It provides all system diagrams, schematics, parts, etc.

There is a fee of $15.00 for a two day access.

Paul

• 2 months later...