I Want To Trade In My 735 For An Ls400

jocigar

I wonder if you can offer any advise on the ls400.

I would like to get a 95 or sooner. Are there any problems with a specific year?

It will most likely have 90k miles or so, anything that I should look for other than the timing belt.

Thanks! Joe

Also expect to find(either now or later. Both of my Lexi[LS and ES] have these problems): bad suspension bushings=clunking sound over bumps, burnt LCD in the stereo or climate cntrl., and grinding antenna mast-easy DIY fix. Other than regular maintiance like fluid changes I think that's about it. Be warned, you will fall in love with these cars! :D They(LS's) are unlike any others...comfortable, stealthy, sporty, smooth, timlessly designed(heck, the 90's still look like new cars), and most of all rock solid reliability and quality which will be nice since you're comming from the BMW corp. :P I bought a '95 a few months ago with 225k on the clock, and after I spent $500 on a few upholstered items, the car looks brand new!

:cheers:

blake, seeing pictures of your car over on the detailing board is what got me thinking... it looks great in black, I would have never guessed at 225k.

I love my BMW but I think the Lexus is a better value with less headachesa and more advancements for the model year.

blake, seeing pictures of your car over on the detailing board is what got me thinking... it looks great in black, I would have never guessed at 225k.

Thanks! :D She's a work in progress; I still havent had time to really go out there and work the spots on the hood out(they're only visible up close...luckily!). I agree Black Onyx is an excellent color, but black cars bring a lot of baggage! It's not so much the extra up keep as I find the black stays just as clean as my beige ES, but it's the problem that they proudly show every single little nick, scratch, ding, etc. Comming from a beige ES that would hide everything, the black is a whole new thing for me. If I had the choice, would I get black again? Probably not-I'd go for beige(again!!!) or white...2 colors that hide everything! I don't mean to discourage you or insult any fellow Black Onyx folks out there, I just want you to know the 1 down fall of black.

BTW, wouldn't the LS be an addition to your pre-existing Lexi stable?

Here's a link to all the upgrades starting in Gen III (98-00).

New VVT-i engine, 5 spd trans, refreshed exterior & interior.....etc...

Antenna is now in back glass....one less thing to go wrong ;)

Blake, I'm dying to see those new interior shots!! I know they'll be awesome :D

I'll have them real soon Secret Agent. ;) And, by all means, go for the 98+ if you have the monitary means to do so. I think many will agree with me when I say that it is the most beautiful Lexus in Lexus history! :D

I'll have them real soon Secret Agent. ;) And, by all means, go for the 98+ if you have the monitary means to do so. I think many will agree with me when I say that it is the most beautiful Lexus in Lexus history! :D

Blake,

I just washed and waxed w/ collinite today....added a little tire gel and...

I agree - she looks beautiful! :lol:

Thanks for the input guys.

99, thanks I will look for the 98+, about the link? also, to fall in my price it will have 100k+ on it I'm sure.

Blake, we have had a landcrusier for ten years and added an lx470 six months ago.... love it. I like sedans thus the 735i. It's getting old and dated now so I am starting to get the itch. I love the 740i but they scar me, I may be wrong my 735 did not turn out as bad as I excepted for the past 3 years.

Thanks again

-Joe