Replace Timing Belt Labor $349.

tansupplyman

Got coupon in mail today. Rice Toyota will change the Timing Belt for that thru June 5th.

Will probably NOT get mine done even tho I should.

If anyone wants to do this, PM me for the coupon.

Note this is the largest Toyota dealer in NC--with excellent rep.

Are they usually $90+ an hour? I'm guessing they're planning on 6 hrs labor for this.... ;)

Sounds like a pretty good deal....with WP, idlers, tensioner, rotors, etc...you could get away with $700 for the entire service..............I would buy it in a heartbeat!!! :lol:

Most are only $65. down here in Dixie---but maybe I should consider--have 165k and I don't know if it was ever done.

SO--hold on any request until after June 1st---I need to figure which bank to rob....(joke)

Most are only $65. down here in Dixie---but maybe I should consider--have 165k and I don't know if it was ever done.

SO--hold on any request until after June 1st---I need to figure which bank to rob....(joke)

Yeah Richard,

If you still feel the LS is strong and got several years ahead.....$500 is no chump change but it will get you a new belt, new WP, and protection for another 130K :lol:

One thing I noticed: last January, I went to indep Lexus shop and had them replace the fuel filter. A messy job, and glad to spend $100 for the filter and labor to watch someone else do it. I had done everything else DIY on the 60K. Anyway, I was done right at lunchtime and I overheard the mechanic he was getting ready to do a "90K" on the other LS in the shop after lunch. The guy was very professional/sharp so I kinda assumed he was going to "knock" out this LS in 4 hours (by 5 pm) - they charge around $1100 for the 90K service -so, the point being, good mechanics can get it done in far shorter time than they are planning on "charging" you!!! ;)

As of right now, I lean towards paying someone.....but in 2-3 years (when I get to 90K) - I might just try to tackle it with the LOC Brain Trust by my side :lol:

on this 3 page thing, it does say Lexus 92-97 at 60k for belt; 98 up at 90k.

what really gets me is the milage service---almost NOTHING is done and it is 399 for 92-98 and 599 for 98 up.

Oh, they do inspect lots of things--replace some fluids and service the battery--HAHA--man, is that a big rip off. oh, forgot--balance and rotate tires--big deal.

I haven't changed the fuel filter but will soon--I have an Autolifter--so service on the bottom is 'standing up'.---built my garage 12' to the ceiling when I did it.

Roy--note this is a Toyota dealer not a Lexus dealer--goodness knows what they would want--I don't plan to find out !!!!