Sign-In Problem: Administrator

midwesterner

I have forgotten my password, and have changed my e-mail since joining. Doesn't seem to be any way to correct my e-mail without the password, and don't have the password. Catch 22. When I used the site contact e-mail, I got an automated response that assumed I am newly joining and told me to register.

Don't think I can be the first one, and if I am, probably not the last.

Guidance, please.

I have come very close to that issue myself. Probably a good idea for many of us to check our listed email.

Problem above my pay grade however and admin can probably help. I've learned many things and certainly enjoy your contributions.

I have forgotten my password, and have changed my e-mail since joining. Doesn't seem to be any way to correct my e-mail without the password, and don't have the password. Catch 22. When I used the site contact e-mail, I got an automated response that assumed I am newly joining and told me to register.

Don't think I can be the first one, and if I am, probably not the last.

Guidance, please.

Stephen,

I apologize for any difficulty you've had in trying to change your LOC personal settings.

I'm a little confused about how your able to log-on every day if you do not have a valid e-mail in your profile.

Here are two things I can offer you. Any member should be able to go to the top of any Forums page and see your ID posted next to the sign in/sign out label. Click on the ID tab and that should take you to your profile page where you will see a change settings ID. Clicking on this brings up a screen with entries for ID and password. Like any other site, the choice for "Forgotten Password?" is shown. As always, click on forgot password will take you to screens for changing passwords.

I am probably misunderstanding your need, so here is one other choice. You can send me your information and I can do it for you. If this is the easiest way for you, I recommend you send your information to me via my e-mail not the Personal Message feature of the LOC . This will keep the settings off of the LOC site so no one will be able to somehow find your changes.

Let me know if any of this is helpful.

Paul

I think Stephens situation is auto log in. Not sure I coul recall my password

OK. So he went to log-in and the site rejected the attempt, for what ever reason. Stephen did you get a message regarding your ID or Password, or did you get the New Member -Join message.

Forgotten passwords are common. I keep a hard copy log of mine because I can't remember my own home address.LOL

Thanks. The problem is that my profile has an old e-mail address. When I click on "forgot password," the automated function will send the new, interim password to the non-existant e-mail address. If I try to correct the e-mail address first, I am asked for my password.

I can supply the new e-mail directly to tech support if someone can go into my profile and change it.

Absent that, I don't see how I can get in to edit my profile.

At present, I am able to log on only because one of my computers remembers the password.

So, suggestions? Sorry for all the trouble. I usually keep passwords on a master list, but failed for this one. Searched my file folders on each car, and find Lexus factory site password, but no LOC. Thanks.