Fog Bulb Replacement

pierce1

Im glad someone asked about that since i recently replaced my fog bulb and know exactly what to do. The owners manual suggests an H3 bulb i believe and i found the "exact " bulb in Autozone. The bulb I found is the same bulb as in the car all accept for the plug part. The bulb from autozone had a wire at the end to screw it into something. The bulb in the LS has a plug end similar to a plug for a household electrical outlet. I work at the Lexus dealer in Raleigh, NC and called the parts dept from autozone and asked my buddie mike in parts. He also thought that autozone carried the proper part but i told him otherwise. You HAVE TO go to the Lexus dealer and get the Toyota bulb from them unless u can find one on ebay or any other H3 plug matching the one in the manual. either way, it has to have a 2 prong plug end to it. the cost of the bulb from Johnson Lexus is about $30.

Hope this helps

I had the same problem looking for a fog bulb for my 92. The manual says it needs H3. So I went on ebay and ordered H3. However, this bulb did not fit because it had a wire on the end of it. Autozone had the same thing. I later found out on this forum that the correct type of bulb is H3C. I found a pair of Xenon H3C bulbs on ebay for 22$ total. The Lexus dealer in Beverly Hills wanted to charge me 25$ for just ONE bulb!

Definately not good news, the dealer strikes again.

Anyway, is this for all model year? I have a 91 and was planning on doing the removal of the yellow cover in the fog lamps, guess I will need to be even more careful now.

gosh