Can't Believe I Did This....

13IS250C

I hate to tell you what the last sticker was that I put on a car because you are going to see me in my former redneck life. When I first got my Z28 I put a "Fear This" decal on the windshield.

Lawdy!!!!!! REDNECK!

We bought the team from Vancouver Canada. They were already the Grizzlies.

I hated basketball and someone that David works with gave him a pair of tickets. I fell in love at first game. So fast and exciting and physical. We have some awesome players, but since we are a small market team we don't get any recognition. Marc Gasol made it to the All Star game this year. First time a Grizzlie has ever been a starter. We are really good. When we go to the playoffs you should watch a game. You will probably hear me. I am quite vocal to say the least.

• 4 weeks later...

I hated when I lived in VA and Denny can tell me if this is still true. You had 2 stickers, inspection and city that had to be in the center of your windshield at the bottom which is no an easy reach on a Camaro. Also, we had a front license plate and I worked on a military base so I had to have a sticker for that too. I always felt like the front of my car looked like a billboard.

Thankfully, where I live in TN, we have no stickers and only a rear plate.

In CA we have are supposed to run front plates, and currently 2 of 3 of my cars have them, so I'm becoming more compliant. For over a decade I ran no front plates with no problems. But lately I've become more accepting of front plates (although front plates on Porsches still bug me...), I don't want to be pulled over just for that which does happen today.

In CA we have 2 small stickers on top corners of rear plate (month/year), the only government-mandated stickers required.

The CA fine is cheap because it's a "fix-it ticket", just a very small administrative fee which is no prob.

But I'm seeing more people get pulled over for front plate violation alone, an inconvenience I'd rather not have. A lot of people don't mind that small risk and still run no front plates today.

Virginia still has the state inspection sticker located on the base of the windshield above the right wiper hub. In the past, there was also a City issued sticker that was placed next to the state inspection sticker. Now, the City stickers are gone and only the fee remains. Virginia issues 2 plates both with month and year stickers. Luckily, no front plate is really not an issue here and I have never heard of anyone bothered for not having one. My IS does not as I didn't want holes drilled into my bumper. On the Chevy truck? yeah, I have one. I only don't put them on my Lexus cars.

I collect license plates and have several hundred around.

Yes, "just don't care" is kinda where I'm headed with my front plate opinion.

Most of my cars have them these days for following reasons (my newest car has no plates, for 9 months btw):

. Don't want the hassle of been pulled over for only that reason (which these days does happen in CA)

. Don't want the hassle of getting fixit tickets signed off (even though I have a LEO in family that will sign it off, no questions asked, I'll use that favor in case I get a fixit ticket for illegal tint on 2 front windows)

. Many newer cars have flat front section of bumper that looks naked without a plate.

. Many newer cars have better integrated front plate holders, some (like Mercedes) are even curved to match contour of bumper.