Yesterday, I was stuck in snow and after spinning my wheels and going back and forth for a long time I managed to get the car out. I do not know if this in any way affected the current situation, but afterwards several warning lights had come on: "P/S", red “BRAKE" light, the yellow brake light, “ABS”, “APS OFF”. The power steering has stopped working. The VSC and Check Engine warnings were also on. Also, and most seriouisly the speedometer and the odometer have stopped working.

What could have caused this catastrophic situation?

I thought maybe I had blown a fuse, and wanted to check the fuse box in the engine compartment in front of the passenger side. I opened it, but was not able to open the clear plastic cover over the back row of fuses. Is there a trick to prying open this cover to the fuses?

You didn't say if it started overheated but My guess is that you threw the Serpentine Drive Belt. Almost everything runs off that and luckily, it is easy to replace. If not? Oh man. My perspective has always been that winter snow rated tires are cheaper than transmissions and fenders. I've had many dispute and claim their 3-Season tires are fine but I have also seen the results.