Shock Absorbers/struts For 2006 Lexus Ls430 Sports Suspension

sbaxter1330

What is the correct shock absorber for the LS430 Sport Suspension? Is there a difference between the standard and the Sports Suspension. We need rear shocks and need to know what type to buy? Thank you.

I dont know the difference between Air Suspension and Shock Absorbers. My question is that my LS430 needs rear Shocks and I need to know if the fact that it is the Sport suspension model, are the Shock Absorbers (and Struts) different for the standard and Sports model?

Yes the sport suspension has different shocks, springs, bushings and thicker roll bars. The Air Suspension is different as the air springs and shocks are a single unit; and pricey at that. If you don't have the Height High/Norm and Sport/Norm buttons in front of the gearshift then you don't have the air ride.

If you go OEM you want P/N

4853080141 (Right side)
4853080141 ( Left side)

These are the part numbers from the Sewell site but I think any Lexus dealer could order them:

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/4804481693-PowertrainAndChassis-LS430-2006.html

With the LOC discount they seem to go for about $189 each.

If you go aftermarket I'm not sure exactly what you'd need. The difference between sport and normal is noticeable but not pronounced.