Passenger Side Wet Floor ?

JSchnoor

We recently bought a used 2007 GX 470 a month ago. We have noticed twice now that the front passenger floor board is damp occasionally. Any idea as to what could be causing this? Anything in particular to check under the hood? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance!

JSchnoor,

I wouldn't expect anything under the hood but would check two things:

1) that the car has not been drown (e.g. via Carfax, Carcheck, etc.)

2) that the driver door assembly is OK. The easiest would be to check that everything which is there between the front passenger door and the trim is in place between the driver door and the trim. In particular, there's some plastic part between a door and trim -- if the door was repaired but the part was not installed, you will exactly get the floor wet and it would not be unusual to see a lot of ice/snow in the door clearance.

Had a similar problem with a used Navigator that I purchased. Went through all the prior recommended troubleshooting. No luck.

Went to an automobile glass business in town. They popped the surround trim and inspected the sealing bead on the windshield perimeter. Whoever had replaced the windshield prior to my ownership did a poor job of sealing the glass.

Couldn't repair so a replacement windshield did the trick for me.

Good luck.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...