Catalytic Converters

fatman

A friend of mine bought a 94 ls400 recently, while going home one night from work he heard a a noise, a few minutes later his car started runing like :censored: . He took it to the lexus dealership and dropped it off, the next morning they told him the catalitic converters blew, and clogged the whle system as you all know the mafia wanted to charge him 8000.00 for just the parts!!! I got the info off the site to get the converters delivered for 550.00 for all three, well the mechanic that he new installed the converters, and the car still runs like :censored: any one have any clues to what is still wrong :chairshot:

You need to download the engine codes............

Go to Autozone, they will do this for free!!!!!

Let us know the codes..........

Maybe the MAF is still going wild....disconnect battery for 10 min and reconnect...wild guess but won't hurt anything <_<

Let me add, my experience with Autozone in this regard was less than productive. Maybe it only happens to those in my area -- it is not a do all solution, whatever that means.

Anyway, what they told me is that they only diagnose the vehicle if the check engine light is on, so take that into consideration before you go that route. Many on here blurt out that option and it gives the impression that they will just hook up the hardware no matter what. That has not been my experience, however. :D