Installed My Sirius Radio!

SW03ES

As to the antenna, I agree with you. The painted ones look pretty good though, check them out at www.paintmatchantenna.com XM has different signal arches than Sirius and I get some dropouts that I think are related to the antenna being inside.

As to the Aux in its definately possible, check out www.vaistech.com and www.soundgate.com both offer Aux in options for the Lexus.

As to the antenna, I agree with you. The painted ones look pretty good though, check them out at www.paintmatchantenna.com XM has different signal arches than Sirius and I get some dropouts that I think are related to the antenna being inside.

As to the Aux in its definately possible, check out www.vaistech.com and www.soundgate.com both offer Aux in options for the Lexus.

I've also heard that Sirius antennas are more effective inside the car than XM. I was told they're better at low angles to the horizon because of their satellite orbits. Whatever the reason, both my Sirius setups work well with inside antennas.

I had seen the Soundgate Website but it looks like they don't make a unit for my car. I hadn't seen VAISTech. Wow...this looks like exactly what I need to get rid of the FM modulator. It seems to be a new product to be available soon, though. It would be nice to know what the early adopters are saying. Do you know anyone who has tried one?

I thought you had XM, my mistake.

Couple people here have the Vaistech, mostly GX470 owners. The Sirius unit is still pending. The simply Aux adapter sounds pretty good to me though just added to my current setup.

I thought you had XM, my mistake.

Couple people here have the Vaistech, mostly GX470 owners. The Sirius unit is still pending. The simply Aux adapter sounds pretty good to me though just added to my current setup.

The Aux adapter sounds good to me, too. We'll give the FM modulator a few weeks. The sound from it seems very good but I'm wondering how much better a direct analog connect would be.

Thanks, SW03ES. You're info has been very helpful. :cheers:

-rkahn

Hey nice clean install, looks like it's a factory installed option. Maybe i'll see you crusin' to your tunes around D.C. sicne I go to school there and live 30 minutes from it. :whistles:

:cheers: