Annoying Electrical Issues

Bronto

Hi guys,my 05 LS430 warning light will not shut off and it's driving me bonkers! The trunk is closed (thats another story).

2nd issue, the "doors open' light won't shut off either..

The instructions for reseting it in past threads doesn't work either.

Help with these two issues?

Bronto

What's the warning? It should tell you what it thinks is wrong (trunk open could mean disconnected or bad sensor).

the 'doors open' light is…. dome light? Dash light?

You can try replacing the battery if it's old; older batteries can lower the voltage on the electrical system which causes all kinds of strange issues.

Jainla,

Yes the warning light displays the Trunk is Open (its not)-how do I disengage the trunk sensor?

Secondly,the warning light that indicates a door is open (red car with doors open) will not disappear either...

Brian, here is my crazy idea. Why don't you open each door, one-at-a-time, and view the dash for this "door open" icon. Then, with the door open, push the door switch in with your thumb to make the car think the door is closed. The switch is located about half-way up the inside of the inner door frame and has a rubber boot over it. If the light goes off, then that switch is probably good. If the light stays on, then the switch is bad. You may need a helper to sit in the drivers seat and tell you what the icon is doing. I also suppose that the switch could be good but the door is not striking it correctly(positioning is off...something needs adjusting).

As concerns the trunk...same thing. There is a switch located just to the left of the bottom latch. Open the trunk lid, see if you can press that in and get the car to "think" the trunk is closed. If the trunk icon stays on despite having it fully depressed, you probably have a bad switch or mis-positioned.

Sound like a plan?

• 5 years later...