2009 Rx350 Afs Adaptive Lights Don't Turn To The Right

Hi everyone. I am new to the lexus community as I just purchased a 2009 rx350 pebble beach edition. I LOVE this suv! I used to drive jeep wranglers for the last 13 years so I have crossed over into the lexus world. Now I know what I have been missing. Man I love that little suv. My problem is one that I have read all over this forum and couldn't find anyone with similar problem. When I turn left, the headlights turn with the vehicle. When I turn right, the headlights do not turn. I even tested it having my wife sit in passenger seat to see if maybe some weight in the sensors would help. It did nothing. These adaptive lights are one of my favorite features as I live in a hilly environment with no street lights and lots of deer. I plan on calling the dealer, but I was wondering if this is something I can adjust myself. The adaptive lights go through their dance when I start the car, so I know they both move. The afs switch is set to on. I have no warning lights on dash that blink or stay on. There seems to be nothing wrong as far as that is concerned. I don't know if this matters, but it has the NAV and Bluetooth. Also, I know that I have to be going like 10MPH, that's when I can see the left turn is working. Thanks for any help.

p.s. I see a little round sensor type thing near bottom left of windshield (next to registration sticker). What does that do?

They don't move much to the right by design. At least it's not really noticeable. They move more to the left for the driver to see around left corners better, due to the driver's position for a left-hand drive model. I believe it's the opposite for the right-hand drive models. Nothing is wrong so don't worry.

From the attached service manual spec they move up to 15° left and only 5° right.

post-115637-0-43291900-1421788482_thumb.

• Like 1

Thanks!!! I redid my search to include the degrees that they may turn and you are 100% correct. Thank you so much for your reply! I feel a bit more at ease now,especially since I don't have to go back to dealer. I have owned it for a little over a week and would have not been to happy about getting service already. ☺

p.s. I see a little round sensor type thing near bottom left of windshield (next to registration sticker). What does that do?

Ambient light sensor for the auto headlights.

Thanks maseace! You have been very helpful. I appreciate it. BTW, I tested right turning last night and I "think" I saw them turn ever so slightly. Lol. I am not worried about it though.

• 5 weeks later...