Lowbeam Lightbulb

I am sure this topic is somewhere on this forum but I have not figured out the search feature.

Any link would be appreciated.

I have a 2007 GS 350 and my headlight (lowbeam) went out for the first time.

Went to local parts store to replace. Each light is sold at $140.

Is this the going price?

I've seen a few online at less than $75 but some comments say that they are after market knock offs

that either are too dim, go out after a week or that the light is yellow vs the white/blue output.

What are my options? Just buy the $140 one at the store?

Hi James,

Before spending the $140, go to Sewellparts.com. Sewell Lexus is a large dealer in Dallas and have a large parts component for great prices. By joining the LOC today, you are eligible for a LOC member discount. Many of our members swear by them , and my experience has saved me hundreds of dollars. Go to "Sewellparts.com" and when you register indicate your a member of the Lexus Owners Club or "LOC".

Another place to check out is e-bay. Just depends on the day but you can find some good deals.

However, having said all that, before you shell out $140, make sure that the only problem is not just the bulb but the ballast as well.

Paul