Help With My Decision!

AbadR1

I am looking for a nice reliable Lexus with good performance and this is the two that I want the most. I either want a 1997+ SC400 or a 1998+ GS400. Just curious, but which one is more joy to ride in. Also, I know both are reliable, but which one am I less likely to have problems with. Thanks

all lexus cars are very reliable. its all how you treat and maintain the car, if your good to her she'll be good to you. :D

i beleive the SC400 would be the funnest to drive, its very light and very fast. more of a performance car, being a coupe with a V8

the GS is also fast, a little heavier and more of a touring sports car. but none the less AWESOME B)

if you want a sprots car with a luxury twang and good reliablity i really can't see you going wrong with the SC400

if you like more of the roomy, sporty sedan, with performace then the GS400 would be good for you also

don't rule out the LS either, big body crusin with a powerful V8 :lol: , not as sporty though

I am looking for a nice reliable Lexus with good performance and this is the two that I want the most. I either want a 1997+ SC400 or a 1998+ GS400. Just curious, but which one is more joy to ride in. Also, I know both are reliable, but which one am I less likely to have problems with. Thanks

Agree withSilvermate, but you'll probably get fewer speeding tickets with the GS.

If you the kind of person who buys something and sticks with it; and plans to have a family or already have. Then GS will be the way to go, more roomy. This is how I see it:

LS- All Luxury

GS- Luxury like the LS /Sport like the SC

SC_ All Sport

GS is an in between car. You will be happy with either one you choose :D . My suggestion will be to go out and test drive both of them and see how well they fit you.

If you the kind of person who buys something and sticks with it; and plans to have a family or already have. Then GS will be the way to go, more roomy. This is how I see it:

LS- All Luxury

GS- Luxury like the LS /Sport like the SC

SC_ All Sport

GS is an in between car. You will be happy with either one you choose :D . My suggestion will be to go out and test drive both of them and see how well they fit you.

Agree with you, but it's more fun arguing about "how many teeth a camel has."

• 2 weeks later...

I had a '93 SC400 & it was a great car. What is doesn't have is much trunk space.

That's why I ended up selling it & getting an LS.

It is a super fun car. I would suggest getting either a 98 or 99 SC400 to get the 290HP motor and the 5 speed auto. Your MPG will be 20% better than earlier years.

Matt

• 8 months later...

:D

Have 2003 GS430, has Borla Exhaust, SRT intake and PC upgrade, the car hauls !Removed!. Must say it is fun giving the Mustang GT boys a bad time.

• 2 months later...
:D

Have 2003 GS430, has Borla Exhaust, SRT intake and PC upgrade, the car hauls !Removed!. Must say it is fun giving the Mustang GT boys a bad time.

MarkW, A question on the Borla exhaust and srt intake. Do you get any interior cabin resonation? Especially during crusing speeds. I want to install a little more rumble when I am in the aggressive driving mode, but don't want to put up with interior resonation when crusing down the freeway at 60 to 75 MPH. My Harley F-150 has a irritable resonation at 70MPH with the stock exhaust and its just really annoying, especially on a trip. I don't want that in my GS430. Thanks alot

• 5 months later...

It's funny for me to see the SC400 as a more sporty car , us old brits think of it as a 'pipe and slippers ' variant compared to the TT ,

if you are only gonna have two adults and possibly two small adults or kids in the back , and only enough luggage for a weekend trip somewhere ( i can get a full size mountain bike , wheels removed , and the assorted stuff, or a couple of sets of golf clubs in the back of my Soarer , same car as an SC400 in the size department ) then the SC is the win , it's very sporty and has the tremendous levels of refinement you expect from a lexus in terms of ride quality etc,

i don't know what options are available in the USA, but the general standard of equipment we see on the imported V8's is very high , def fully loaded , i say imported because Toyota never sold any of the Soarers, or SC's in UK :(

the only problems that have raised thier ugly heads on most UK cars are the 'blinky dash ' (which if you know someone good with a soldering iron costs about 5 quid, (10$) to fix apart from time , ) and the lower control arms , or at least the ball joint on them , and thats only if the bushes have been allowed to wear :whistles:

Good Luck on whichever you buy though , they are ALL great cars

Edit spelling , i can't type :blushing: