Humming Or Buzzing Noise From Rx 350?

kmar

I keep my 2015 RX 350 in the garage and last night I noticed a humming or buzzing noise coming from it. I switched the ignition to accessory position and turned it off and the noise stopped. An internet search turned up that it's the gas evaporation leakage check valve and it's a normal operation of the car. My question, is this some sort of pump that is running and causing battery drain?

Replies on the Club Lexus forum indicate this is a low current draw and is only on for a few minutes, five hours after the vehicle is turn off. A notation of it is on page 23 of the owners manual as was pointed out to me.

• 4 years later...

Hi

I have a 2019 RX350. Yesterday I could not sleep and went to garage to catch a smoke. I noticed a humming sound as if some kind of a motor was running. I tried to get as far under the car as I could and it seemed it was coming from the area of left rear under the car seems around the fuel tank. Did you ever find the solution. I dont know how long it was running but I opened the car door and it went away. 

Few days ago my wife said that she heard the same thing, and she thought that the door was open, she opened and closed the door and it went away also.

• 1 year later...

My RX350  2010, has a loud motor stuck kind of noise, the mechanic said it was the back wheel bearing.  It was replaced.  Noise is still loud and there.

The mechanic said the front wheel bearing.

Waiting for replacement

Help.  I wonder if the diagnosis is correct.

Edited by Ms. Margaret
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Ms. Margaret said:

My RX350  2010, has a loud motor stuck kind of noise, the mechanic said it was the back wheel bearing.  It was replaced.  Noise is still loud and there.

The mechanic said the front wheel bearing.

Waiting for replacement

Help.  I wonder if the diagnosis is correct.

Keep us updated

• 9 months later...

Should I be concerned...I had front and rear brake pads and rotors done a month ago on my 2015 Rx350 by a reputable mechanic. Now I hear a click noise when I hit my brakes while stopping....is this normal and just the brakes engaging? I had the radio off and happened to hear it. Thank you