Srt Intake Gs 300?

I have a stock 98 gs300. Looking to pick up a few HP here and there and was thinking about the SRT intake. Anyone have any experience with this? DOes it really give 30+ hp? Does it require any other mods or adjustments to install, or can it just be bolted on?

Any other HP suggestions without spending big$$$ or too many modifications to the engine?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Fish

Hey TurboGS300,

thanks for the info. Do I ahve to do the exhaust at the same time, or can I just bolt this on and make additional mods as $$ permit?

Any other suggestions for bolt on HP?

i have the SRT intake on my 98gs3 but no way its giveing me 30hp mayb 15-20.. mayb? its not an easy intake 2 get on unless u r good with wires do it coming with a race ecu piggy back that connect into u'r stock ecu....its a great intake, that i can say, i had the weapon-r and it was ok but the srt really gave me a noticable jump from the weapon-r and the sound is just deep and rich...a little on the expensive side but i think its worth it...$550.00 shipped from intensepower.com

thanks bluelex,

I appreciate the advice. Can you recommend a race ECU? Is that dificult to install piggy backed to the stock ECU? Sorry if I sound like a moron, but if the shoe fits... ;)

fish

thanks bluelex,

I appreciate the advice. Can you recommend a race ECU? Is that dificult to install piggy backed to the stock ECU? Sorry if I sound like a moron, but if the shoe fits... ;)

fish

The SRT intake comes with their race ecu.... And the install of them both are easy, all you have to do is follow the instructions....

sorry i thought u knew it came with the race ecu, set set brings the intake, heatshield, and race ecu....if u r not good with wires like me than have a good shop do the wire connections, and don't drive with the intake without the ecu or vice versa...

• 11 years later...
On 4/15/2004 at 6:28 PM, bluelex said:

i have the SRT intake on my 98gs3 but no way its giveing me 30hp mayb 15-20.. mayb? its not an easy intake 2 get on unless u r good with wires do it coming with a race ecu piggy back that connect into u'r stock ecu....its a great intake, that i can say, i had the weapon-r and it was ok but the srt really gave me a noticable jump from the weapon-r and the sound is just deep and rich...a little on the expensive side but i think its worth it...$550.00 shipped from intensepower.com

whats the intake called, i got a 98 gs300 and want the intake but the ones i look for dont look correct