Burning Out?

GSsoldier

i got a 93 LS and im wondering if i can burn out in a LS is it possible?

if it is how?

and also will anything like any parts break or catch on fire if i burn out?

i have seen pictures people burning out and there tires catching on fire or some part of the wheel burning....

i have heard if u put the car on netural and rev the engine hard and whiling reving throw the shifter into drive will cause a burn out but i havent tried it yet cus im afraid of problems

please help and advise me on this thank u everyone...

PS to whoever manges the accessories of this forum, thanks fo including a trucker hat to the hat/cap line up im planning to buy 2 or 3 of them

-joe

well let me start with simple suggestion: LS is not the proper car for this kind of stuff and neither is stock GS. if you do neutral drop like you describe you will have yo do expensive transmission rebuild after couple of tries. ive seen people pickin up transmission planetary gears after they tried this. also bearings in your shaft bearings might give up as well. your car is pretty old and you dont know what kind of maintanence it had and what parts were changed so in your place i would not risk it. theoretically yes, you can do burn out but not to the point then your tires catch fire. i dont know what kind of burnout you have to do for your tires to catch fire. in my experince when people go to racing track the do a lil burn out on a special place with lots of spilled water just to heat up the tire rubber for better traction during race. but DONT DO IT AT HOME on ur car otherwise you will have to pay a lot of $ for some expensive repairs......

nah, this is called spinning and if you do it in the reasonable amount should not do any harm.it happens to me to and i enjoy giving some extra acceleration on a rainy or snowy road to give my car a lil slide. but i do it on an empty parking lot. just dont rape your car, know its limits and everything will be fine.