New Guy Here

First let me say what a great site we have here. While this is my first real post, I've be visiting for sometime now and all the information helped me decide my recent purchase: 1992 SC400, with alot of miles (156K) but recent t-elt, W/P. I changed the trans fluid right away and replaced all brake pads and rotors. Pleased to see the ps pump was dry, a/c and radio LCD functional and leather less worn than others seen with less mileage.

Only real things that are driving me crazy:

1. CD changer skips when driven over painted lines on the road but not over speed bumps. Skips all the time at speeds over 50MPH.

2. When putting trans into drive from neutral, the engagement is fairly aggresive. When put into drive directly from reverse VERY smooth engagement, back to neutral, allow idle to settle, back to drive- aggressive again. Neutral to reverse is smooth. Weird. Trans mount is tight and good (looks fairly new) as are the rubber dirveshaft couplers. Visual inspection of the D/Shaft center support is hard to due to the C/Converter but very little dirve shaft movement takes place when muscleing the D/shaft.

I suspect an accumulator spring in the tran or other spring/valve in the valve body itself.

Anybody have this problem with their trans?

Anybody ever re-man their 12 disc cs changer?

I enjoy reading all your posts and look forward to adding my 2 cents when possible.

Andy

Los Angeles

Make sure you run a lens cleaner through your disk changer. I though my '99s Eclipse's factory cd deck (Its a seperate CD deck from the stereo) was shot, wouldn't even start to play anymore, so I called up Mitsubishi and they told me $400, said to hell with it I can live without CD's, then something in the back of my brain told me to try a CD cleaner, never had a problem again.

So I preach trying an inexpensive cleaner disk to everyone first. Should work, no problem, with a cartrige load disk changer. Then if that dosen't work think of picking one up from the for sale forums or something.