Xm Or Sirius Installation

wdavirro

:cheers: Hello. I need help on two related topics: 1) Best way to install XM or Sirius with the Levinson system. 2) Is Lexus coming out with an updated way to add satellite radio soon? If so when. I would wait instead of putting something in now 0 Thanks!

• 1 year later...

:cheers: Hello. I need help on two related topics: 1) Best way to install XM or Sirius with the Levinson system. 2) Is Lexus coming out with an updated way to add satellite radio soon? If so when. I would wait instead of putting something in now 0 Thanks!

Buy the ES330 SIRIUS Reciever and ES330 Sirius Fit Kit (check them out on lexus-parts.com under ES330) they install into the factory harness and are controlled from the Nav SYstem after pressing the AM button twice (like in LX). Its a simple installation.

I spoke with Lexus last week and they said they don't have any plans for a satellite kit for the GX. But I figure the customer service people don't have a clue what the engineering people might be working on. I'm hoping they come out with a Sirius kit by springtime otherwise I'll get the LX kit because it comes with a roof mount antenna instead of the windshield mount antenna in the ES kit. These w/s mount antennas don't work as well as the roof mount antennas due to them not having a big metal surface for a ground plane.

Who installs this kit?

Buy the ES330 SIRIUS Reciever and ES330 Sirius Fit Kit (check them out on lexus-parts.com under ES330) they install into the factory harness and are controlled from the Nav SYstem after pressing the AM button twice (like in LX). Its a simple installation.

This is what the NAV SAT screen looks like after installation. I used the ES330 fit kit and Sirius module. I didn't use the windshield mount antenna that came with the kit. I use the Sirius aftermarket antenna for the roof mount.

John

post-20478-1136000779_thumb.jpg

SO, Lexus installed this? Just curious what that cost you and I wonder if an car stereo installation place could do it cheaper. Also, someone mentioned somewhere else on the site that they used the toyota LC sirius kit. I wonder if they are the same?

[

quote name=JohnAMG' date='Dec 30 2005, 10:47 PM' post='172270]

This is what the NAV SAT screen looks like after installation. I used the ES330 fit kit and Sirius module. I didn't use the windshield mount antenna that came with the kit. I use the Sirius aftermarket antenna for the roof mount.

John

post-20478-1136000779_thumb.jpg

SO, Lexus installed this? Just curious what that cost you and I wonder if an car stereo installation place could do it cheaper. Also, someone mentioned somewhere else on the site that they used the toyota LC sirius kit. I wonder if they are the same?

No, I installed it myself. The Sirius receiver is $200 and the Es330 kit is $169 and I got them from the dealer. You can get the ES330 kit from www.lexus-parts.com for $100. The ES330 kit comes in 2 type; NAV/ML and regular. I got the NAV/ML ES330 kit. BTW, the Sirius aftermarket antenna is about $35. I saw the installation instruction for the LX kit(which is compatible also) and I believe the ES330 is whole lot easier than then LX kit. Instruction is also posted on www.lexus-parts.com.

John

Can you install this kit with an XM tuner?

Not sure. But www.lexus-parts.com also have the XM kit under the ES330 section.

John

• 10 months later...

Go to the Viastech web site ( www.vaistech) Then have the modules you need and can give you good instructions on installing it if you want to. I strongly recommend sirius over xm. I get real tired of the commercials and verbal commentary on XM.

The sound quality of the Viastech modules with your Levinson system will be INCREDIBLE since you are putting a digital signal directly in to a digital system. When you get done with the installation, it will look just like it did when you drove it out of the dealership.

Good Luck!

Go to the Viastech web site ( www.vaistech) Then have the modules you need and can give you good instructions on installing it if you want to. I strongly recommend sirius over xm. I get real tired of the commercials and verbal commentary on XM.

The sound quality of the Viastech modules with your Levinson system will be INCREDIBLE since you are putting a digital signal directly in to a digital system. When you get done with the installation, it will look just like it did when you drove it out of the dealership.

Good Luck!

If you're concerned as I was about installing a kit yourself locate the nearest Tweeters (tweeters.com to locate nearest to you). They will sell & install the kit. They told me only XM would work, but I was only the 3rd one to buy a kit at their florida stores

The cost for the converter was 325. Install and the XM receiver & antenna came to another 125.

Like everyone else said, hit the am button twice. The audio is awesome. :D

• 2 weeks later...