Installing Aftermarket Cd Player And Subs

I have a 94, I fried my stock HU and I might have fried the stock amp but bought another off ebay just in case. I recently bought a JVC 200 watt Cd/mp3 player and I have an amp screwed to a box with two 10 inch subs. What would be the best way to install all of that without costing me alot of money?...i still have the power, ground and rca cables for the subs. PLEASE HELP!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 94, I fried my stock HU and I might have fried the stock amp but bought another off ebay just in case.  I recently bought a JVC 200 watt Cd/mp3 player and I have an amp screwed to a box with two 10 inch subs.  What would be the best way to install all of that without costing me alot of money?...i still have the power, ground and rca cables for the subs.  PLEASE HELP!

Don't go to Circuit City, Best Buy, or any other major retalier. Find a locally owned car stereo shop and take your equipment and wires with you. Ask them how much it would cost to install your CD player, and run the wires for your amp. Since you have the amp kit already that saves you $40 immidiately. I had my amp kit installed for $70, yours should be around $40 since you have the wires already. The CD player will run about $40 to $50 to install. If you have any reservations about running the wires yourself..DON"T do it. You will spend even more money fixing your fried wires and maybe your electrical system in the car. Let a Pro do it if you not an experienced "Do it Yourself" person.

I agree 100%. A local shop maybe slightly more expensive, but because they are not a large business, they will appreciate every single customer they get even more. Besides, chances are they will not rush their job just to get to the next "number" in line.

• 2 weeks later...

if your so inclined to do it yourself Like I did, try not to integrate any of the exsisting audio components (except the speakers) i.e head unit and stock amp. and buy the Haynes manual for your lexus model. it has the complete audio system wiring schematic in the book if you are so bold like myself to take on the task of doing it yourself. if not then by all means take it to a shop and get it done if of course money isn't an issue. Good luck which ever way you decide to go

• 2 weeks later...

Its finally hooked up!!

What I ended up doing is getting a cd player with 3 sets of rca preouts and plugging in the front, rear, and subs in those.

sounds pretty good, but i get this humming sound coming out the speakers when i accelerate or just have the cd player on...dont really matter cuz when the volume is up, you cant hear it.

A constant hum CAN destroy the voice coil of your loudspeaker(s)! This is because of too much heat generated from this hum. I would definitely check out where it's coming from.

• 2 weeks later...