Where To Buy A341E #1&2 Solenoid Valve

mematney

I've been searching to buy #1&2 Solenoid valve for '91 LS400 A341E transmission, also the OD Direct Clutch Speed Sensor. I started getting code 62 & 67 when raining but now the code comes in dry conditions. What are the part numbers and where can I purchase them to replace? The only problem I notice is it does not downshift when going up a hill.

I've searched Sewell, problem is when I put in my year it only lists valve stems. When I leave it for all years I finally see some parts I need. Thanks for making me try harder, I'm making progress now.

BAP Geon has a great selection of Japanese parts at great low prices.

When you press your brake, does the "R" reverse light illuminate by any chance?

Hmmm, you are thinking trunk wiring, huh, Virginny Beach? ^_^ Good call.

Regular auto parts stores may be able to get them. I have a good transmission shop that I get transmission parts from that cuts me a real good deal, and get the correct parts each time, unlike auto parts places with kids at the counters. A good old time transmission shop may be your bet for parts and maybe advice too, just tell them your trying to learn the stuff and they likely will help it even works better if you have a father son or daughter project your both learning on, some places really try to help in those situations.

You'll have to hunt for the best prices here is one of many places to look

http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=a341e&Search.x=14&Search.y=4

Here is the Sewell parts book you will need, you use the area below and scroll for the price.

There is supposed to be a discount for us members,

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/3512MCH699-PowertrainAndChassis-LS400-1991.html

These prices look good.

http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com/A340solenoid.html

Thanks for the info. I just found a new employee at my tire shop who is quite knowledgeable with Lexus, had him change my O2 sensor. He checked lower connections for my transmission but I think I may have a problem at the ECU since my heater valve was leaking.

Thanks again for the info.

Has anyone ever had any luck finding parts such as these on e-bay or a salvage yard?

I ask because when we're talking about cars such as these, we're working on models that are 25 years old. Is there a point in the future where we may run out of parts sources?

Paul

Maybe and maybe not. Look at American classic cars there is a ton of aftermarket and reproduction parts for cars that are over 60 years old. Engine and transmission parts seem to always be available because many manufactures reproduce alternative parts gaskets etc to compete with the costly OEM sources. The only parts that become hard to get is anything not reproduced in that sector.