Purchasing A 05 Ls430

Bronto

Hi All,

I'll be purchasing a 05 Ls430 soon,(upgrading from a94 ls400 I wrecked :whistles: )Are there any "gotcha's" or redflags (sounds,sqeaks etc) I should be on the look out for when inspecting/test driving this vehicle?

Thanks

Bronto

The LS430 is a pretty sophisticated machine and I do not know of a lot of issues. However, you should be looking at overall operation...does it drive quietly, straight down the road, do all door locks work, trunk latch, mirrors, wipers, radio...and the list goes on and on.

And that is exactly my point. Do not go without a list. And check off everything on the list so that you do not miss anything.

I do not know the miles on this 2005, but a timing belt, water pump is due every 90k miles. And it is not cheap to do.

You should try to get maintenance records to see that service was done on time.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the insight Landar- I pulled the trigger and now have this beauty! Sooo.. the Key fob (new battery installed) will not operate the power locks/keyless entry.

The only thing that happens is the red panic button blinks when pressed.

I've seen a lengthy series of steps for reprogramming the key online, i.e. Open the door, turn the key, press the brake, open the door, etc, etc..

Is this really what it takes? Does this work?

Is there an easier way?

FYI, she has 127k miles. I'm so proud of this car & everything on my (which you inspired) list was working fine.

Thanks!

Bronto

Well congrats on a fine car purchase, Brian.

So, you only got one key fob? Not both? If so, and with a new battery installed, it really is not looking good for the key fob. I would suggest purchasing another and reprogramming the new one to see if it will fix the issue. Besides, if you do only have one, you need another anyway. I believe that I have read that starting in 2004, most have had to go to the dealer for programming, but I am not 100% sure about this.

Does your car have the smart key system? If so, the dealer is needed to program your keys. My car came with 2 smart keys that looked like hell. I bought a new one from Sewell Lexus online for $110 or so, and the emergency, slide out key was cut too. The dealer programmed it for $65.