Disconnect Drl On A 2000 Gs400

Hi all - been lurking here for a bit. I have a 2000 GS400 with the HID headlights. I'd like to be able to disconnect the DRLs and am having some issues. I've read a few threads on here (and a few other sites) that have provided some clues, but I'm coming up empty. I've tried pulling the DRL relays/fuses in the fuse blocks on either side of the car, plus tried pulling the DRL relays that are just under the fender on the driver's side about midway. No matter what I do, I either have DRL and high beams, or no DRL and no high beams. I can't seem to obtain no DRL while still maintaining high beams.

Could someone please clarify the proper procedure for me? Thanks!

Jeff

I am curious as to why you want to disconnect the DRL's. I wish there was an easy way to add them to our 98 Toyota. Safety studies on DRL's conducted in northern Europe many years ago certainly changed my mind. After that, neither my wife or I have probably driven once in 30 years without either headlights or DRL's on. If it is the yellow color you don't like, you might try changing to something like Silverstars. I certainly don't like how the high beams look from the drivers seat at night compared to the HID's of my LS.

If you are really intent on disconnecting them, you might compare the wiring diagrams for a 98 and 00 GS. If you can't get a hold of copies, you could always do a short term subscription to Toyota's on-line TIS.