A Swami Trumpet?

midwesterner

I see someone has posted for a "swami trumpet." Is that a modern accessory, perhaps the present day equivalent of the Bermuda clanging bells that J.C. Whitney used to offer in the 50s? Or an aah-ooga horn? Can be fitted to any Lexus using only simple tools?

Really, isn't there a way to manage this stuff on the site? I grew up in the 60s, have been in the army, and am no prude --but this stuff de-values what is supposed to be an enthusiast site for exchange of automotive information and civil debate. Other sites in which I participate seem to avoid these attacks, and I'd think this one could also.

Besides, I get my love potions from a shop in town; I don't need a web source, and I have my palms read by the sorceress who flies the spaceship where Elvis Presley is living :mellow:.

I participate in 2 - 3 other websites, automotive and timepieces, on which spam postings don't seem to be a problem. Some technology or software available, perhaps, that prevents this kind of spamming? Seems there ought to be a better method than webmaster having to go in a clean up after the storm.

If we can lay hands on the spammer, maybe we can transport him or her to Colorado for a permanent toke.

Keep at it. Pretty disgusting these DOS'ers

I would suggest maybe a two day delay until you can post as the chevy truck group has apparently had to do. Then screen and see if they are from India. Better yet, block India.

Well, didn't think of that. I try to use only Apple products now. IYogi could drive you to insanity. I had to block several numbers to stop them from calling despite multiple requests. That all started with Dell by the way.

I totally agree. 99% of my posts now are made from my iPad, hence the lack of smilies. I only post from my big girl computer when I want to post a pic.

I bought one of those Dell Inspiron duos. OMG, what a piece of garbage. That is how I became so well acquainted with Dell's Indian customer service calls. I wasted hours on the phone. That will be my last Dell product.

Yup, I play games, read books, chat with my Lexus and Facebook buddies, use it for a cookbook.......I could go on and on. Don't know how I lived without it. Funny.....it was my hubby's and last year he wanted an iPad Air so I got his hand me down. Suits me fine.

Like you, I can't imagine how I got by without my iPad. My most loved technology device ever. I read books on my kindle as it is easy to carry 1000 books everywhere with you. I have never done Facebook and frankly after watching the addiction others have with it, I decided to find other endevours on the net. I have speed dial on my flip phone for all the people I might need to call. My wife and daughter both admonish me for not having a smart phone. Guess I flipped out some time ago and it stuck.

Of course after I got my ipad several years ago, my wife and daughter each have one and I even bought my mother an iPad which she is very attached to and addicted to that Facebook stuff. I consider myself very lucky to have escaped that scenario. Using a computer has even become nearly an obsolete activity as my patience waiting for such to boot up is annoying. Of course then it needs to update this and that and by the time I can use it, I have moved on to something else.

Our warm 70's degree weather has departed. Yesterday I was able to take down all the Christmas decorations my wife so much loves and mow the lawn all in my shorts and tee shirt. Not bad for early January. Now today dawned around mid 40's but crystal clear. That means I can finally take my IS out of the garage. Yes, I am pathetic and won't take it out in the rain which my wife says is ridiculous but that's me. Why should I get my car dirty when I have other options? I do know the Chevy Silverado doesn't mind rain. I installed new headlights, parking lights side marker, replaced the serpentine belt, the tensioner pulley and did an oil, lube and filter on the truck. I may head up north to ski for a day or so. My Rossignol Experiences are sitting there looking at me.

Might even take the IS for a quick run down to the beach place to check things out. Suppose to go to 17F here tomorrow night so better check the heat.

I can't say that I'm a Facebook addict, but it is fun to keep up with my friends in VA, TX, MO.....family in SC, FL and AR. You see where I'm going. I don't have to put selfies of myself all over the place making it look like I live I totally glamorous life.

My Camaro went about 12 years without being driven in the rain. I had to replace wipers because they would dry rot and I showed the car and that looked yucky. It was too hard to keep the engine and fender wells in show condition to let it get wet. Thank goodness the guy that bought it wanted it as a weekend toy. He doesn't drive it in the rain either. That was one privileged vehicle! I had a guy tell me once that when he died, he wanted to come back as one of my cars.

Most of my friends are car people. Well, or truck, boat, snowmobile etc. fun toys. Many people I know might have suspicions that I am some kind of a vehicle nut. Of course people who drive nasty, dirty mundane vehicles with black fron rims interest me very little I. Most cases.