Spark Plug Replacement

Hello,

I'm a new Lexus 92 es300. I would like to replace the spark plugs and would like to know what I need to remove to do this. I looks like there is a top cover that need to come off for the front plugs. Also, should I go with the plugs that is called for in the owners manual or is there a better choice? The owners manual calls for a NIPPONDENSO PQ20R.

Thank you ....

Hey and welcome to the club! You're correct about the removal of the cover for the front plugs-just remove the two chrome allen head screws and pull off the cover. The rear ones are much more complicated though. I've heard of people finding some way to get them out without removing anything back there, but I find this to be very interesting because I couldn't do anything back there! The few times I've replaced them, I completely removed the intake manifold, but I wouldn't advise doing this unless you have a Lexus facory repair manual (a real money-saver for these cars-it tells you how to fix just about anything you'd ever need to fix). As for the plugs, I'd go with the factory spec ones. I myself put Bosch platinum 4's in mine and haven't had a single problem, but I hear from others that these aren't really much of an improvement but rather a sales gimmick. I dunno if they're any better, but they look cooler :D (as if you can see them anyhow :rolleyes: )

you guys are right about the front cover but as for the back plugs i never toke the intake manifold off to get them out..al you need is a good set of ratchets with the swivel sockets on them and you can get right in there and turn the plugs out.im pretty sure theres alot of info on this if you try a search.if you still need help let me know and i will try to help.good luck

I'd consider going with factory spec as well.......although you can put iridium instead of platinum (iridium has a higher heat tolerence over platinum but they last roughly the same time). NGK or Denso's are the way to go! B)

:cheers: