Infant Car Seat

Has anyone had any success putting an infant car seat safely in a 2008 IS250?

Specifically, we are looking at the Britax B-Safe or the Chicco Keyfit 30. We are leaning towards the Britax B-Safe, however, Lexus has not be able to offer any help or opinions about whether either infant car seat would fit or whether there would be another brand or model of infant car seat that would offer a better fit.

Also, would prefer the infant seat to be installed in the center of the back seat.

Just wanted to see what people out there did.

Thank you!

Check the owners manual of your lexus IS250 regarding center mounting child seat in back.

I glanced at my rear package shelf in my IS350 and it looks like it has the top anchor for centermounting a car seat, so that's good.

Center position in back seat is the safest place in car for a child.

I'm fixing to have to do that myself for my granddaughter. Arrrrrg! I hate those things. I don't have the option of center mount because the convertible has a center console. I more worry about it damaging the leather.

Let me know which seat you choose. Mine is going to have to be narrow!

I'll be having this dilemma soon as we'll be having our 2nd son in just about 6 weeks! Our first is 4 1/2 year old, just close to being moved to a booster seat. It should free up some space to allow an infant child seat in the middle. I should have the seat this week, will try it out and let you guys know. Oddly enough, I recently traded my 2008 subaru legacy wagon for an IS350 AWD 2011 and there's little difference (if not more) in the is for passenger behind... Anyway, my son LOVES the is.

A good baby supply store should let you bring it outside to test the fit. Any rear facing seat will be tight, especially a convertible seat. When I got my IS, my convertible seat was already facing forward, and that fit fine--as long as the front passenger is not really tall.

I'll be having this dilemma soon as we'll be having our 2nd son in just about 6 weeks! Our first is 4 1/2 year old, just close to being moved to a booster seat. It should free up some space to allow an infant child seat in the middle. I should have the seat this week, will try it out and let you guys know. Oddly enough, I recently traded my 2008 subaru legacy wagon for an IS350 AWD 2011 and there's little difference (if not more) in the is for passenger behind... Anyway, my son LOVES the is.

An infant seat in the middle, with a booster too? Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Well... Anything in the middle combined with a booster seat on either side is a TIGHT fit, feasible, but sooo not viable. So ended up putting the infant seat behind passenger and the booster seat behind me. Fits fine!

post-159082-0-54173800-1421106155_thumb.

post-159082-0-70704600-1421106172_thumb.

post-159082-0-69741500-1421106189_thumb.