Unable To Disarm Alarm And Enter Car...help

Ericlexus

Hello,

I need help....My key remote will not disarm my alarm ( I did change the battery in the remote) and when I try to use the key to unlock the door the alarm sounds and will not unlock the door. I have no way to get into my car. Please help

Thank you

Welcome Eric.

So, right now, your alarm is blaring because you cannot get into the car and you cannot shut off the alarm system? You tried both doors and spare key(s)?

Never ever not test the keys and door locks. If you know for sure the keys will work in the doors, find a lock smith place and buy the oil that they recommend for the locks I don't have the name right now but its about 8 to 11 $ for a small can of it. Give it a day do attempt to loosen the locks up. And or try a locksmith or lockout guy. Then theres the door window.

• 2 weeks later...

As a tow truck operator, some Toyota/Lexus models with factory alarms are the biggest pain when it comes time to unlock them and the alarm is set. The car can lock itself back up as soon as you pull the door lock back to unlock it. My wife has smacked herself in the nose when the door of a Highlander opened and she wasn't expecting it. She has also nailed herself in the forehead of an Avalon. I've injured my cheek and nose on various ES and LS Lexus models as well as an XLE Camry. I can get my long reach tool in and I can unlock the door but I have to be able to lift the handle before the alarm system re-locks itself.

sticker,375x360.u2.png

You may find you have to very quickly wiggle the key in the lock while pulling repeatedly up on the door handle to get synced up to where the door is unlocked at the same time you release the door latch. The alarm will go off. It will throw a FIT. It may not let you start the car either. In theory, locking and unlocking the door with the key should DISARM the alarm system. If it is not disarming, try the passenger front door lock with the key, locking and then unlocking.

As a tow truck operator, some Toyota/Lexus models with factory alarms are the biggest pain when it comes time to unlock them and the alarm is set. The car can lock itself back up as soon as you pull the door lock back to unlock it. My wife has smacked herself in the nose when the door of a Highlander opened and she wasn't expecting it. She has also nailed herself in the forehead of an Avalon. I've injured my cheek and nose on various ES and LS Lexus models as well as an XLE Camry. I can get my long reach tool in and I can unlock the door but I have to be able to lift the handle before the alarm system re-locks itself.

sticker,375x360.u2.png

You may find you have to very quickly wiggle the key in the lock while pulling repeatedly up on the door handle to get synced up to where the door is unlocked at the same time you release the door latch. The alarm will go off. It will throw a FIT. It may not let you start the car either. In theory, locking and unlocking the door with the key should DISARM the alarm system. If it is not disarming, try the passenger front door lock with the key, locking and then unlocking.

All good news for not having it stolen.

Not so good when you can't get in.

LS's do have a good system. If one key cylinder is setting the alarm then the switch for it is not working.

So what is new with this thread, did you ever get in? What happened ?